Cautions: None known.
Signs of toxicity: Diarrhea, nausea.
* Chewing raw ginger root helps to relieve a sore throat. Another
sore throat treatment: juice three pineapple rings with a 1/4 inch
thick slice of fresh ginger and drink.
* A natural anti-inflammatory, it may help with the treatment
of arthritis and bursitis. Helpful in treating the nausea and vomiting
that is common after undergoing general anesthesia in surgery.
* Tea may be used to help beat fatigue. Ginger herbal teas may
be used, but to make fresh ginger tea, steep 1/2 teaspoon of grated
fresh ginger root in a cup of water for 15 minutes. Strain and
add honey if a sweeter taste is desired.
* A 1/2 teaspoon (940 mg) of ginger is as effective as Dramamine
in relieving motion sickness.
* 1/8 of a teaspoon four times per day relieved severe morning
sickness in pregnant women.
* Powdered ginger is more effective than both ginger ale and