Cautions: Don't take garlic for several weeks prior to surgery.
Signs of toxicity: Faintness, drop in blood pressure.
* Large doses of raw garlic can reduce harmful blood cholesterol,
however, heat processed garlic (reduces the odor) doesn't have the same benefits as raw garlic.
* Garlic capsules help to clear up colds more rapidly by acting
as a natural antibiotic. It also helps in the treatment of sore
* Garlic use can help to curtail yeast infections. Garlic suppresses
yeast in the body.
* Raw garlic and raw onions help the body to dissolve blood clots.
Cooking garlic (and onions) reduces a lot of its beneficial effect.
* To make it easier to eat raw garlic, either chop it finely and
mix it with food, or swallow the clove whole as if it were a capsule.
(A bulb of garlic is made up of several small pieces - the cloves.)
If it leaves an aftertaste, fresh, raw parsley will sweeten
* It helps to maintain healthy skin cells and slow premature aging.
* Enzymes in garlic inhibit the formation of some cancers in women,
especially breast cancer and colon cancer.